Mom Shares An X-ray Of A Grape Stuck In Her Son’s Throat And All Parents Need To See It


When we have little ones at home, it can be tough to keep them protected from all of the various hazards that exist. Choking hazards are especially dangerous. For example, did you know that something as simple as a coin or magnet could cause your child to experience severe issues? While many parents might be aware of the dangers of these items, there are also several foodstuffs that can be just as perilous.

Angela Henderson is one mother who recently witnessed a harrowing ordeal and she is looking to raise awareness. A young boy tried to swallow a grape when it became lodged in his throat. Angela is now sharing an X-ray with the world, so that everyone can learn more about the importance of making sure that fruits and veggies are served in the correct manner.

Attention Parents!Do you know what this X-ray is of? A grape!A grape that was lodged in the top of a 5 year olds…

Posted by Finlee and Me on Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Parents should never be allowing their little ones to eat any fruits and veggies that have not been sliced into smaller pieces first. Giving your child some grapes to snack on might seem innocent enough but there are certain pitfalls to be aware of. This shot might be a tough one for some parents to look at but it is very important.

All it takes is a few extra moments to make sure that your little one is being given the chance to chew and swallow their food properly. The poor boy in this story was not able to have the grape removed in a regular hospital procedure, either. It took an operation that was performed under general anesthetic for him to be able to breathe comfortably again.

Fortunately, part of his airway remained open or else this story may have had a much sadder ending. Grapes are particularly problematic for this reason. If not for his parents rushing him to the emergency room, we shudder to think of how this story might have ended. Children under the age of 5 are especially at risk when it comes to these choking hazards.

Please take a moment to share this story with all of the parents in your life. These sorts of occurrences are completely preventable, as long as we are willing to make the correct choices going forward. Do not ever serve fruits and veggies to a small child without taking the time to properly dice them up beforehand. You just might end up saving a life in the process.


log in

reset password

Back to
log in