There aren’t many kids in the U.S. that are without some form of electronic device that connects them with popular sites like YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, and Snapchat.
There are many bad things that kids can learn from these sites it’s not just about staying connected to their friends.
The “Choking Game” or “Pass Out Challenge” that was wildly popular a few years back has not made another comeback thanks to Youtube videos detailing and showing kids how to perform the challenge “safely.”
The information you might not know.
Children use a rope, belt, or shoelace to cut off their oxygen supply, then try to release the grip before it’s too late.
It doesn’t always turn out so good leaving many children with lasting injuries and in some cases death.
According to Time, the ludicrous challenge has led to more than 80 deaths across the U.S.
On October 12, a mother from Colorado was devastated when she learned her 11-year-old son choked himself to death while participating in the “choking game.”
They found their son Carson unresponsive in his room.
Rushing him to the hospital as quickly as possible there was nothing they could do. His brain had been without oxy, but not much could be done since his brain had been without oxygen for too long.
“We’re living minute by minute right now, we’re all very sad,”
Carson’s parents are recommending others should keep a close eye on their children’s internet habits.
“We have internet blocks, internet protections for all of the boys. But I had let him look at YouTube so he could learn skateboarding tricks, I assumed that’s what he was looking at,” Bodkins said.
“As parents, the responsibility lies on us to go in and make sure [kids] are protected, and sometimes that might be an invasion of their privacy,” Carson’s stepfather, Jason Davis, added.
What to look for: Complaints of frequent headaches or bloodshot eyes, may be a sign that they’ve participated in the choking game.
Share this with your friends and family to bring awareness and protect our young children.
[H/T: Fox News]