Hindsight is always 20/20, and there is no better hindsight then when we leave toxic relationships in the past. A woman has just posted a list of rules that her ex-boyfriend had given her for nights out with friends – all before he cheated on her.
Zoe Scholefield posted the screenshot of her ex-boyfriend’s text where he outlined 12 rules she had to follow if she wanted to go out and enjoy a girl’s night with friends.
Zoe appropriately captioned the exhausting list, “Funny how my ex sent me stuff like this then has the audacity to cheat on me.”
Her tweet, which read like a bizarre Ten Commandments list, has received over 34,000 likes as well as been retweeted more than 3,000 times.
The list reads as follows:
1) Don’t dance like a s**g like in Reflex.
2) Don’t get too drunk.
3) No boys and if anyone comes up to you and talks to you, you tell them you have a boyfriend.
4) Look after your drink at all time to make sure no one puts owt in it.
The other numbers of the list are just insistent that she not have anyone else enter the room except for her three girlfriends.
The list goes on:
8) You let me know everything that happens and be ready to explain stories.
9) Always send me photos of front and back of what you are wearing so I can approve and say whether or not I think you should wear it.
10) Even when I’m asleep text me to tell me things so I can see in the morning.
11) If you find the time call me or ft [FaceTime] me, but let me know in advance.
12) If you can, [I] want a video of the room before you sleep to prove no one else is there and you are off to sleep.
People have been responding to the tweet with their concerns at how alarming the list is, claiming that anything besides “have a good night” is a definite red flag, and that the list is proof of “control isn’t affection or love.”
Don't know who needs to hear this but if your partner lists even one of those things then you should show them the door. Control isn't affection or love— Ashley Nivens Aka NegroDamus (@AshleyNivens) August 9, 2019
Wow, your ex sounds like the most toxic, dangerous sociopath alive.— Mike P Williams (@Mike_P_Williams) August 10, 2019
He should have been your ex from this message alone…..— Katerina_Bell (@RinaBell20) August 9, 2019
Emotional and verbal abuse can have short-term and long-lasting effects that are just as serious as the effects of physical abuse. Emotional and verbal abuse includes insults and attempts to isolate or control you.— HH. (@hollyhaless) August 9, 2019
Domestic violence bab, you had a lucky escape x
After reading through the list I think we can all agree that Zoe dodged a bullet.