Box With Tiny Holes Sat In The Airport For A Week Until Someone Heard Crying From Inside

When we are traveling through airports, there are a few rules that need to be followed. For starters, we all know about the importance of dumping out our water bottles before we go through the security and of course, bags can not be left unattended. An unattended bag is a massive threat to security and the same goes any unattended parcels.

This is the story of a special box that was found in an airport overseas. The box was left in an airport in Beirut for a week. The tiny crate was full of air holes and no one wanted to come near it. Why would anyone take such a risk? By the time the box was finally opened, authorities were stunned to find out that there were living creatures inside.

The box was filled with tiger cubs that were in the process of being smuggled into a Syrian zoo. The poor cubs had been left to fend for themselves. The smugglers who are responsible for their presence must have felt the heat and gotten cold feet. The tiger cubs did not receive any food or water while they were inside of the box.

Fortunately, they were rescued from this horrific fate and are now receiving a second chance. Their paws were red and raw because they were made to stand up for seven days in a row. They would need a great deal of assistance if they were going to be able to survive. This is why it is a bad idea to remove wild animals like these from their natural habitats.

STOP BABY TIGERS FROM ENDING UP IN THE BLACK MARKET!OUTRAGED?!?! SHARE this terrible story and help protect these three Siberian tigers.Stuck for seven days covered in their own urine and feces in a tiny maggot infested crate. They were shoved in a crate that was only 42 centimeters high while the animals were about 60 centimeters tall. These tigers were saved from further cruel suffering and possibly death by an order of a judge.They arrived a week earlier on a flight from Ukraine and were supposedly destined to a zoo in Syria.Nothing indicated that the box contained tigers or even live animals, and there were no details of a shipper or receiver. Other than an Air Waybill number, the box was completely unmarked…These four month old tigers are now in Animals Lebanon care. A specialized wildlife vet was flown in to give them all a medical examination. Their paw pads were raw and red from being covered in urine, and were their back legs and thighs. They had not received the proper vaccinations so all three were vaccinated. Only one tiger was found to have a microchip, though documents state that all three should have been microchipped.They are improving – but they are still at risk! Big cats can be worth tens of thousands of dollars on the black market. The owner is fighting to get them back, and we are fighting for the tigers and rule of law.Siberian tigers are protected under the Convention on International Tarde of Endangered Species (CITES). They can only be traded under very specific circumstances, and only when a number of other conditions are met.Officials have already stated that the transport conditions do not meet the regulations of CITES or IATA Live Animal Regulations. The owner, exporter and shipper is one man listed as 'Private Entrepreneur'…Animals Lebanon submitted today our case asking for the animals not just to be seized, but to be permanently confiscated.The Ministry of Agriculture, Judge of Urgent Matters and Customs have all made the right decisions. Now they need a decision to permanently protect them and prevent them from becoming part of the multibillion dollar wildlife trafficking industry!

Posted by Animals Lebanon on Thursday, March 30, 2017

The cubs also had to stand in their own waste while they were trapped inside of the box. These monstrous smugglers may have thought they were doing the cubs a favor with the air holes but this is not sufficient. The owners even thought that they could fight for their right to have the cats back once they had been seized!

It takes some serious guts to insist upon such a thing. Animals Lebanon was caring for the cubs in the meantime and they blocked the cubs from being released to the cruel owners who were responsible for this predicament! This is great news and we are happy to find out that someone was willing to do what was right. These cubs will remain in the care of the proper authorities. Please pass this story along to your friends and loved ones to raise awareness about the dangers of exotic animal smuggling.

28 days later… After being stuck at the Beirut airport for SEVEN days, these three Siberian tiger cubs have now been rescued and in our care.We now know that they came from the Nikolaev zoo in Ukraine and reported to have been born on 18 November 2016.Attempts to understand more from the zoo have failed. We have called and emailed but no response.When did these tigers leave the zoo – and what went so wrong that they ended up in Beirut in such a TERRIBLE STATE in an unmarked crate that does not meet even the MINIMUM STANDARD?Please SHARE and LETS GET THEIR STORY HEARD!

Posted by Animals Lebanon on Tuesday, April 4, 2017

log in

reset password

Back to
log in